- Shipping in 1 day.
- Birch plywood is a type of engineered wood made up of multiple layers of wood veneer that are glued together to form a single sheet. It is made of birch wood, a type of hardwood that is strong and durable.
A slight warp or deform may be caused by transportation and weather.
- Please allow a ± 1/2 inch variation for length and width sizes and a ±1/12 inch variation in thickness.
- Birch plywood is often used for furniture, cabinetry, and other woodworking projects. It is also used for flooring, decorative walls, shelving, and other interior design projects. Birch plywood is also an excellent choice for laser cutter projects. Its strength and stability make it an ideal material for laser cutting and engraving. Additionally, birch plywood produces a clean, precise finish with minimal scorching or warping.
It is recommended to always run a test before performing the actual laser cutting project. When laser cutting thick cherry plywood, it's advised to use high power and multiple-pass at a high-speed setting to reduce laser dwell time and heat-affected area to minimalize the burning edge. For your ease, we've prepared this ultimate guide to laser-cutting plywood.
- Flat and smooth, can be cut without warps or any deformation.
- Eco-friendly and has a natural beautiful grain.
- No harsh chemical smell, and no pungent smell when cutting and engraving using a laser engraver.
- A popular choice for a variety of projects such as furniture-making, cabinetry, and other woodworking projects.
- All xTool machines.
What is walnut plywood?
Walnut plywood is a type of plywood made from the wood of the walnut tree which gives the plywood a beautiful grain pattern and warm, dark color.
How is walnut plywood made?
Walnut plywood is made from thin layers of walnut veneer that are glued together with a strong adhesive.
The layers of veneer are glued together with the grain of the adjacent slices at right angles to each other, creating a strong, stable walnut panel that is resistant to cracking and warping.
Once the layers have been glued together, the walnut plywood is then cut to the desired size and shape and is then ready for use.
Common uses of walnut plywood
Walnut plywood is a strong and durable material that is also aesthetically pleasing, making it a great choice for many projects including furniture, cabinetry, interior architectural, woodworking, DIY, and crafting.
Additionally, walnut plywood is an ideal material for laser cutter projects because it is a hardwood that can be cut with great precision with a laser. It is strong and durable, and can be used to create intricate shapes and designs.
What is special about xTool walnut plywood?
- Premium Quality & Fine Processing: made of natural walnut wood with smooth and sturdy surfaces, and neat edges, preserving the beautiful natural grain of walnut.
- Desirable Thickness: the 1/8'' and 1/4'' thin walnut plywood sheets are easily cut without warps or any deformation.
- Wide Application Area: ideal for carving, staining, painting, woodworking, cutting & engraving with a laser cutter/ engraver, scroll saw, and craft knife. Meet different arts, crafts, DIY projects in various scenarios, such as small business, home projects, school projects, kid projects, ornaments and decors, etc.
- Environmentally Friendly Materials: Made of natural walnut wood, the unfinished wood has no harsh chemical smell, and no pungent smell when cutting and engraving using a laser engraver.
- All walnut plywood can be laser cut and engraved by all xTool laser machines.
How to laser cut walnut plywood?
It is recommended to always run a test before performing the actual laser cutting project. When laser cutting thick walnut plywood, it's advised to use high power and multiple-pass at a high speed setting to reduce laser dwell time and heat-affected area to minimalize the burning edge. For your ease, we've prepared this ultimate guide to laser cutting plywood.
Laser Cutting Walnut Plywood Projects
Make funny wooden crafts with xTool Selected plywood
xTool Selected materials are specially formulated for the laser cutter/engravers.
Numerous exclusive fancy acrylic and rare wood bring brilliance to your creativity.
100% money back guarantee for any product quality problems.
Birch Plywood Sheets
Cuts as expected. Unlike the white acrylic I bought that I can’t return even though it’s never been opened.