Shipping in 1 business day.
- Made by stacking several thin sheets of basswood veneer with the grain of adjacent layers perpendicular to each other for the purpose of increasing its strength.
- Basswood sheets are lightweight, strong, and easy to cut and shape, making them a popular choice for various projects such as furniture-making, cabinetry, and other laser cutter projects.
- It is recommended to always run a test before performing the actual laser cutting project. When laser cutting thick basswood plywood, it's advised to use high power and multiple-pass at a high-speed setting to reduce laser dwell time and heat-affected area to minimalize the burning edge. For your ease, we've prepared this ultimate guide to laser-cutting plywood.
A slight warp or deform may be caused by transportation and weather.
Check out xTool Material Setting to confirm the different parameters of machines for the plywood you purchased.
- Please allow a ± 1/2 inch variation for length and width sizes and a ±1/12 inch variation in thickness.
- Flat and smooth, can be cut without warps or any deformation
- Eco-friendly and has a natural beautiful grain
- No harsh chemical smell, and no pungent smell when cutting and engraving using a laser engraver
- A popular choice for a variety of projects such as furniture-making, cabinetry, and other woodworking projects
- All xTool machines
What is walnut plywood?
Walnut plywood is a type of plywood made from the wood of the walnut tree which gives the plywood a beautiful grain pattern and warm, dark color.
How is walnut plywood made?
Walnut plywood is made from thin layers of walnut veneer that are glued together with a strong adhesive.
The layers of veneer are glued together with the grain of the adjacent slices at right angles to each other, creating a strong, stable walnut panel that is resistant to cracking and warping.
Once the layers have been glued together, the walnut plywood is then cut to the desired size and shape and is then ready for use.
Common uses of walnut plywood
Walnut plywood is a strong and durable material that is also aesthetically pleasing, making it a great choice for many projects including furniture, cabinetry, interior architectural, woodworking, DIY, and crafting.
Additionally, walnut plywood is an ideal material for laser cutter projects because it is a hardwood that can be cut with great precision with a laser. It is strong and durable, and can be used to create intricate shapes and designs.
What is special about xTool walnut plywood?
- Premium Quality & Fine Processing: made of natural walnut wood with smooth and sturdy surfaces, and neat edges, preserving the beautiful natural grain of walnut.
- Desirable Thickness: the 1/8'' and 1/4'' thin walnut plywood sheets are easily cut without warps or any deformation.
- Wide Application Area: ideal for carving, staining, painting, woodworking, cutting & engraving with a laser cutter/ engraver, scroll saw, and craft knife. Meet different arts, crafts, DIY projects in various scenarios, such as small business, home projects, school projects, kid projects, ornaments and decors, etc.
- Environmentally Friendly Materials: Made of natural walnut wood, the unfinished wood has no harsh chemical smell, and no pungent smell when cutting and engraving using a laser engraver.
- All walnut plywood can be laser cut and engraved by all xTool laser machines.
How to laser cut walnut plywood?
It is recommended to always run a test before performing the actual laser cutting project. When laser cutting thick walnut plywood, it's advised to use high power and multiple-pass at a high speed setting to reduce laser dwell time and heat-affected area to minimalize the burning edge. For your ease, we've prepared this ultimate guide to laser cutting plywood.
Laser Cutting Walnut Plywood Projects
Make funny wooden crafts with xTool Selected plywood
xTool Selected materials are specially formulated for the laser cutter/engravers.
Numerous exclusive fancy acrylic and rare wood bring brilliance to your creativity.
100% money back guarantee for any product quality problems.
I've bought two packages so far and I'm very happy with all the sheets I received. They cut well with my 30watt laser and they're almost 100% flat. You will see a very slight curve in some, but the curve is barely noticeable. The quality of the outer veneers is great, but they are thin, so be careful to not over sand them. They engrave well, but I suggest putting some masking tape on areas with a lot of engraving, so you won't have to sand too much.
East to work with
Thank you xTool for the basswood sheets and such fast shipping!
Just as I thought they would be. Nice high quality product I expected from Xtool.
These sheets cut and paint smooth with recommended settings making your job easier!