Suppose you are also thinking about making crafts at home and selling them on Etsy to increase your income. Then, the below may be helpful to you.
Running short of time? Get the PDF of the blog in your mail.
The statistics you need to know about Etsy.
- The market of handicrafts value is projected to reach approximately US$ 984.8 Billion by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of more than 11% during 2018-2023. (Data from IMARC)
- From August 2019 to July 2020, the eCommerce site with the highest share of female users was etsy.com. Approximately 61 percent of visitors to the e-commerce platform for selling handmade or vintage items were female (Data from Statista).
- Etsy is the most popular online retail website worldwide in June 2020, by unique visitors (millions).
- The following image shows the most popular categories among handmade Etsy sellers worldwide as of June 2020, by share of sellers.
- Worldwide gross merchandise sales (GMS) of Etsy from 1st quarter 2017 to 3rd quarter 2020 (in a million U.S. dollars)
So, as you should know by now, Etsy is catching on, and you need to start investing heavily in your crafting business on Etsy.
20 ways to increase sales on Etsy shop
👉 01-Take a closer look at how customers find your store
If you already have your own Etsy store, then open it now. And you can see the [How shoppers found you] in your dashboard. It will tell you the internal and external traffic sources of visitors to your store for the selected period. Clicking on each basis will give you more granular information.
Based on that, you’ll know what external SEO traffic brought exposure to your store or what terms within the Etsy platform brought you traffic. You’ll be able to see where you should be shooting your bullets.
👉 02-Create Video Tutorials
Your buyers might be interested in your handiwork and want to get a behind-the-scenes look at it and might be inspired to try to make it themselves, which would be great. You could create some videos of making the handmade as a video and upload it to YouTube. That could get you some extra income. You can post it as content on your website as a brand story.
👉 03-Use proper keywords and tags on each item.
If you are selling wooden spoons engraved with Valentine’s Day wishes on Etsy, then use various tag attributes, such as “Valentine’s Day”, “wishes”, “spoons,” “wooden spoons”, “engraved spoons,” and other variable keywords. Instead of sticking to a single theme, use multiple tags to position the item together.
👉 04-Avoid using the same keyword too often.
As you probably know, when a buyer searches for something on Etsy, Etsy’s search algorithm doesn’t show more than one or two product listings from a specific seller but rather aggregates products from multiple different merchants. In other words, no matter how well all the items in a store match the buyer’s search, Etsy will not show them all. This is known as “de-clumping,” and Etsy ensures that different stores appear in the search results.
For example, if you search for “carved wood” on Etsy, several different stores will appear, as shown in the image below.
Because of Etsy’s algorithm rules, you can’t use the same primary keyword too many times in your products. Otherwise, you’re just competing with yourself.
Want to see more? Download the PDF directly.